Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Tate……& Goodbye

It’s been a couple of weeks since these pictures were taken but I couldn’t bring myself to write this post!….Madison and I’s best friends moved away and this was our last evening together……..

While Emily was packing Tate came down and played with Madison….They were so cute together! They laid on the floor and cuddled!

IMG_7559

Later Donny and Emily came down and we celebrated Tate’s birthday! He got an awesome tricycle and both Tate and Madison LOVED it!

IMG_7560IMG_7561IMG_7563IMG_7565

Singing Happy Birthday!

IMG_7567IMG_7569

This video was about a month ago! Madison had fallen asleep after church and Donny and Emily came down for dinner. Tate was so cute……! These two have been the best of friends….almost like lovers! Neither one seemed to understand that Tate was moving far away and wouldn’t be able to come down and play whenever. Madison still talks about having Tate come and play, we pray from Tate, Emi, and Donny at every prayer and if she hears a sound upstairs she says “Donny jumping!” The other day she said, “Tate go away, I go get him.” And as we walked passed their apartment to get laundry she said, “Tate no there, Tate gone.”

I’m sad to say this is one of the only pictures I have of Emily and I together……

074

This post is hard for me to write but because this is my scrapbook as well I really want to write it all down. Emily has become a very best friend. Moving out to Minnesota I didn’t have any expectations and I never would have guessed that I was going to meet my best friend. We were called to teach the same Primary class or we probably would never have become close friends; then miraculously the apartment right above us opened up the month before Donny and Emily were needing a new apartment. We had some of the greatest times together…..and I’m so grateful that Heavenly Father sent such a good friend for me and Madison. It was great to have someone right upstairs to help when I had a migraine and couldn’t talk! and to help lift Madison after I had surgery, and most of all just to get together and laugh while our kids played! It was so hard to say good-bye and every time I go to the park or zoo or pool I miss my friend and it breaks my heart to see Madison playing on the slides by herself. I’m so grateful for all the fun times we had and the great memories we made!

Miss you Em…….Good luck and hope to see you guys soon.

1 comment:

The Baums said...

Ash this post is so sweet! I was just catching up on reading blogs and came across it. I miss you too! And Tate misses Madison so much! Talk to you soon!