Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hayden Washington Oborn 10.04.12

Finally what you’ve all been waiting for!…

Hayden Washington Oborn

10-04-12 (37 weeks)

9:18pm

7lbs 13oz and 21” long

Since this is my scrapbook I will include the full birth story at the end of the post.

IMG_0369IMG_0379

Madison fell asleep in the car on the way to the hospital to meet Hayden…..the first time to have my two babies sleeping in my bed…..sure it won’t be the last!Smile

IMG_0373IMG_0381

Madison’s first time holding Hayden….she was being so silly as you can see in her many goofy faces!

IMG_0385IMG_0386IMG_0387IMG_0388IMG_0389IMG_0390

A very sleepy Daddy…..but OH so proud!

IMG_0391IMG_0392

JD sent me this picture while I was in the hospital and said, “You better hurry home look what our daughter is eating for breakfast!” (It’s a Twix candybar!)

IMG_0396

She moved the basket over so she could look at Hayden and then give him a kiss!

IMG_0397IMG_0400IMG_0401

IMG_0403IMG_0406IMG_0409IMG_0412IMG_0414IMG_0419IMG_0421IMG_0424IMG_0431IMG_0432

Madison got to spend the night at her friends Nora and Sara’s house! She had SO much fun! Here she was playing with bread dough and flour….apparently when she was done she was covered from head to toe in flour!

IMG_1175

JD holding Hayden for the first time!

IMG_1179IMG_1180IMG_1186IMG_1183IMG_1192 copyIMG_1193IMG_1195 copyIMG_1200

Comin’ home!

IMG_1205IMG_1207IMG_1219IMG_1223IMG_1225IMG_1226 copy

IMG_1228IMG_1231

Madison was helping me cook and after I had cleaned up the dishes I found that she had covered Hayden with the hot pads!

IMG_1235

This picture of Madison passed out was after a very traumatic experience….I had just put Hayden on the couch and was putting a dish in the dishwasher when I heard Hayden give a painful cry….I came around the corner to find him on his tummy on the floor by the couch with Madison standing over him with a  horrified look on her face. She began to sob and said that Hayden was too heavy and she just wanted to hold him. It took forever to calm her back down. I’m proud to say I kept calm even though inside I was freaking out! I managed to comfort Madison and make sure Hayden was okay. 

IMG_1236

Madison grabbed her blanket and laid down by Hayden and said SHHH.

IMG_7830IMG_7835IMG_7837

This little lady has been the best big sister! She loves to hold her brother and is so soft and adorable! She’ll hold her hand over his eyes and say, “It’s so bright!” She’ll also talk to him in the cutest little high pitched voice!…It’s been so fun to see her…so far she likes having a real baby in the house!

IMG_7839 copyIMG_7842

Madison found that there is a box of baking soda in the fridge, that she can then grab a pot from the cupboard and get her green stool and cook all by herself!!!! She is also now tall enough to reach the flour and sugar pots on the counter! She was very proud of herself.

IMG_7845

There are so many more pictures to come!…

THE BIRTH STORY:

As 30 Weeks I went into pre term labor and was in the hospital for four days and on bed rest until 35 weeks. At 36 weeks I went into the hospital cause I was having regular contractions…we were there for two hours and then they sent me home cause I had progressed at all. Over the next couple days by contractions slowed until I didn’t even notice them anymore. At my 37 week the Dr said my cervix was ready and she really didn’t know what was keeping me from going into labor. I was super soft and dilated to a 4. I asked her if she would scrape my membranes and I was surprised when she said yes! That night I started to have some good contractions…and hardly slept at all. At about 9:30 the next morning I started counting them and sure enough they were every 3-4 minutes. I took a shower, picked up the house a little, took Madison so our friends house and then headed to the hospital. JD was at work in downtown St Paul fairly close to the hospital so I told him I would let him know what I found out and then he would just walk over to the hospital once we knew. When I got there I was a 5 and the nurse said they were going to monitor me for an hour. While JD was in his hearings (where he could read or respond to my texts) the Dr came in and decided we could just break my water! I said I was glad but that we had to wait for my husband! She came in multiple times asking do you know when you’re husband can get here, I told her I had no way of knowing but guessed around 2:30. JD called at 2:15 and ran to the hospital! He was completely out of breath when he came into the room! ….then we ended up waiting for almost 4 hours before the dr could come in and break my water!…Talk about torcher! The dr was called into another delivery which ended up going into emergency c-section. They had given me an epidural cause they thought it would help me wait until JD could come and cause they thought I would go too fast after they broke my water and I wouldn’t be able to get it at all. I almost went natural, but remembered how painful it was with Madison and how nice it was to hold Madison in no pain….so I laid numb in the hospital bed for three house. They broke my water around 7pm, I started pushing a little after nine, pushed about 4 times and Hayden was born at 9:18pm!

We love him and think he’s the cutest little baby ever!

2 comments:

Michael and Amanda Ellis said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful addition to your family. We miss you guys!

The Baums said...

I can't believe how emotional I am about not being there with you guys and seeing Hayden. Madie is the most adorable big sister. I love the pictures of the two of them together. Miss you guys!