Sunday, April 11, 2010

We're movin' away.....

So this week JD was accepted to U of Detroit and Hamline University for law school. Detroit didn't offer a scholarship so that school is out, but Hamline did which means we'll be heading to law school in August. We're still waiting to here back from another school before we really decide where we're going, but at this point it's looking like Minnesota will be our home for the next three or four years. We're both very nervous and very excited.
About a week ago I finished Madison's rag quilt! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now I'll make a crib skirt and some curtains!
JD and I had our 30 week Dr. apt on Wednesday. Everything still is looking great! Last month when we went in our midwife said I had gained 15 lbs during the pregnancy and said that was very good. Then this week she said Holy Cow you gained 10 lbs in three weeks! I told her no way; I've been eating exactly the same, even walked (well waddled!) to work a couple times and my pants still fit like they did before. She then said I was the third person that day to have been surprised so maybe her scale was off. I sure hope it was off!!!!!! That is WAY more then the pound a week you're supposed to gain. Hopefully next time I go in I will have lost 7 lbs!

It's getting a lot closer, I now go to the dr. every two weeks!!!!


6 comments:

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

Wow! Congratulations on the acceptances to law school! That's super exciting about maybe moving to Minnesota! Although, you'll have to make sure to put the Hayden family reunions on your calander every July so we can still see you guys!! :)

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

And the rag quilt is really cute!!

Chelsea said...

I bet this is super exciting and nerve-racking and sad all at once for you guys. Crystal is right--you'd better come back and visit often so we can see Madison. Oh, and you and JD, too. :)

p.s. I love the colors in the quilt! You are so stinking amazing, Ash!!

The Gray Gang said...

The quilt turned out A-W-E-S-O-M-E, awesome awesome awesome totally! (No, I was never a cheerleader, but their annoying cheers stuck!) We're still praying for Marquette, but we will take you in ST. Paul too! Love you guys!

Bradey and Alyssa Kendall Family said...

Either place is TOO far away. I don't think I like this Growing up thing, and everyone moving away!
The quilt is gorgeous. You did an amazing job.

Lusks in LOVE said...

Look at that cute little belly! Love the quilt- it's so darling! You are pretty dang talented!